The Quality Manager is appointed by the Project Director. The Quality Manager, who, irrespective of other duties and responsibilities, has defined responsibility and authority for ensuring that the management system related to quality is implemented and followed. The Quality Manager has direct access to the highest level of management where decisions are taken on laboratory policy or resources.
Duties of the Technical Manager
- Project director is the reporting authority of the Technical Manager.
- Ensures that the Quality Management System is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 17025:2005 standards.
- Manages the internal audit program.
- Coordinates laboratory accreditation activities.
- Handles the maintenance and distribution of the Quality Manual and associated documents.
- Maintains a master list of current versions of quality documentation.
- Trains personnel on Quality Management System activities.
- Monitors the Quality Management System.
- Reports on the performance of the Quality Management System to Project Director for review and as a basis for improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Supervises the laboratory's inter-laboratory proficiency testing program.
- Developing, managing, and guiding the larger organizations policies and procedures.
- Serving as a member of the executive committee which organizes and administers the relationship between the organization and the laboratory.
- Providing focus and coordinating functions regarding maintaining integrity and quality in tests results
- Participating in all senior-level administrative functions/committees of the organization as directed by the Project Director.
- Performs work functions and keeps records as per approved sops and/or laboratory policies.
- Identifies and records nonconformities on Corrective Action Requests.
- Identifies and records potential nonconformities on Preventive Action Requests.
- Corrects nonconformities and potential nonconformities.
- Improves laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.